Translate

Wednesday 16 February 2011

the Wheelie king

Sometime after the battleship grey c50, i was given a dark and lime green CZ125, the thing weigh a ton. Top speed was a slight improvement over the unrestricted C50 but not much. To wheelie it i had to put it on its centre stand chuck it into first gear, rev the nuts of it and then rock it off the stand. This gave me some excellent wheelies with feet dragging along the ground behind me. My mates with their er50's were dead impressed and jealous, i could tell that from their eyes.

We used to leave school as soon as possible and ride the 2 miles to the local girls school and when there, give the girls the ultimate show in cool. Huge, padded shouldered, market leather jackets brought for the grand price of about £15, still had the open face £2 autojumble lid and by then a red pair of textile gloves. But the cool gear above still did not hide the fact that we were still wearing our school trousers and in most cases our school shoes, either of the above took away the large sportsholder/school bag strapped on the back seat with a bungee cord from halfords which was a fetching green and yellow thing about 8ft long.

Often at the girls school some would smoke, act cool, and try to chat up a bird or two, sometimes we managed it but most times we  didnt, still have no idea why not?

I got told one evening that tess or mandy (cant remember her name) thought i was good looking and wanted to go out with me, so to improve my changes and look super cool, i decided to attempt the biggest wheelie i could on the Cz the two stroke smoke was gagging people behind me, how we all laughed at that, the revs were reaching dizzy heights, clonk into first, hold it longer and harder the engine was rattling away like a road drill on piece work. I then noticed that the bike was moving along on the stand, the vibes were making the bike standwalk, oo errr i thought as I rocked it off the stand.

The front wheel lifted hard and fast, carried on climbing into the air as the bike speed along the small road i was in, i watched the wheel carry on climbing higher and higher as my school shoes dragged along the foot behind me, the rear light touched tarmac and smashed itself into unknown millions of bits, i could see sky, only sky, then the front wheel flying higher and higher as it came away from the rest of the bike, "who threw a tyre at me ?" i thought.

The most powerful wheelie ever in our gang came to a smart stop, when the small road had run out and i had parked the underside of the bike onto the back of the parked car that i never saw. The bike and I both slowly slid down the side of the car, ( think it was the first kind of tag around here) as we laid there in a crumpled heap with blood coming from my knees and one of my school shoes missing, i then noticed that the front wheel was missing , the girls were screaming and running off, my mates were kicking like feck upon their kickstarts in order to escape. I managed to get up, pushed the bike down an alley way and limp off quickly. After about 4 hrs we did return and then spend the next 2 hrs looking for a front wheel, until a bloke came out of a house asking what we were doing, we told him and he asked did it look like this tyre, it was my wheel in his left hand. Quick as a flash my mate phil then told him the story of the bike being stolen from school and one of our girl friends had seen it hiding down the alley way, so touched by the story the bloke even then gave me a nut that was missing and helped fit the wheel back on the bike.

What happened to the girl? She quivered alot when i was near her but never spoke to me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment